7 Nov 2016
The United Arab Emirates - Visa on Demand
This page provides general information about visa requirements for Hong Kong residents travelling to The United Arab Emirates. For residents outside Hong Kong, please contact the nearest embassy or consulate. As the application requirements might change from time to time, please check with the relevant consulate if there are any enquiries or questions.
Moreover, please note that application has to be submitted by hand to the consulate. Electronic submission will not be accepted.
Consulate General of The United Arab Emirates Hong Kong
Unit 2205-6, 22/F., MassMutual Tower, 38 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Enquiry Hotline: (852) 2866 1823
Visa Application Submission Hours: Monday - Friday 10 am - 12 pm, 2 pm - 4 pm
According to the following information received from the Consulate General of The United Arab Emirates Hong Kong on Jan 27, 2005:
1) Holders of HKSAR passport: a visit visa will be granted at the Consulate General in Hong Kong or upon arrival in the United Arab Emirates
2) Holders of BNO passport: an entry visa is required before their departure from Hong Kong
Application to be submitted: In person or by a third party
No. of copies of application form(s) to be completed: 2
No. of photos required: 2
Supporting documentation required:
- Letter from company certifying the visit
- Letter from employer (for those on vacation)
- Sponsor in the country to be visited
3) Hong Kong Document of Identity: no more recognized as an applicable travelling document by the United Arab Emirates Authority
4) Visa may be granted for government officials and known businessmen case by case.