18 Oct 2019
The United Arab Emirates: Visa on Demand
This page provides general information about visa requirements for Hong Kong residents travelling to The United Arab Emirates. For residents outside Hong Kong, please contact the nearest embassy or consulate. As the application requirements might change from time to time, please check with the relevant consulate if there are any enquiries or questions.
The UAE Consulate in HKSAR does not issue visitor / tourist visas. Visitors not eligible for a visa on arrival please contact a local sponsor to arrange a visa. Either look for an agent online, or contact the airline or hotel and they may recommend an agent. The Consulate does not recommend visa agents.
According to the following information received from the Consulate General of The United Arab Emirates Hong Kong on 17 October 2019:
1. Holders of HKSAR passport: a visit visa will be granted for 30 days, free of charge, upon arrival to the UAE. The passport will simply be stamped with the visit visa when passing through the immigration section at any of UAE checkpoints.
2. Holders of BNO passport: an entry visa is required before departure from Hong Kong. To submit a visa application, please contact one of the following UAE sponsors:
- Travel Agents: Specialist visa agents are the primary providers of tourist / visitor visas. Either look for travel agents online or contact the hotel or airline and they may recommend an agent.
- Friends / relatives residing in the UAE: Friends / relatives can apply for a visa as the sponsor through the local immigration office in the UAE.
3. Hong Kong Document of Identity: not recognised as an applicable travelling document by the United Arab Emirates Authority.
4. Visa may be granted for government officials on official missions to the UAE on a case-by-case basis.
Consulate General of The United Arab Emirates Hong Kong
Unit 4903-06, 49/F, Hopewell Centre, 183 Queen’s Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Enquiry Hotline: (852) 2866 1823
Visa Application Submission Hours: Monday - Friday 10 am - 4 pm