17 May 2019
Argentina: Visa on Demand
This page provides general information about visa requirements for Hong Kong residents travelling to Argentina. For residents outside Hong Kong, please contact the nearest embassy or consulate. As the application requirements might change from time to time, please check with the relevant consulate if there are any enquiries or questions.
HKSAR or BNO Passport Holders
HKSAR passport holders do not need a visa to enter into Argentina for tourism or business, for a maximum of 90 days. British Overseas Nationals passport holders do not need a visa to enter into Argentina for tourism or business, for a maximum of 30 days. For any other type of visa, please e-mail the completed visa application form and all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. If deemed necessary, the Consulate General of the Argentine Republic in Hong Kong will invite applicants for interview.
ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization)
Nationals of the mentioned countries, who are holders of an ordinary passport and have a valid United States of America B1/B2 visa or Schengen Type C visa, may apply online for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) if they wish to visit Argentina for tourism. They may also apply in person for a visa at the closest Argentine Consulate or Consular Section.
Please click to view the list of the countries and procedures.
Points to note:
- There are two buttons on the screen: “enter here to pay the rate” and “enter here to fill in the form”. Please pay the fee (US$50) and print the receipt first, then click the right button to fill in personal information.
- Complete all fields in English or Spanish.
- Disregard any letter when entering the passport number.
- The ID transaction code is the sticker number on the receipt.
- Scan all pages of the valid passport and save as PDF file.
- After 20 working days for processing, applicants will receive from Immigration Department in Argentina either an “Approved” document from AVE or “Not Approved” indicating the reason.
PRC Nationals Holders of Diplomatic, Service or Public Affairs Passports
PRC nationals holders of Diplomatic, Service or Public Affairs passports do not need a visa to enter into Argentina, for a maximum of 30 days.
Consulate General of the Argentine Republic in the Hong Kong SAR
1517 Jardine House, 1 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong
Enquiry Hotline: (852) 2523 3208
Fax: (852) 2877 0906
Visa Application Submission Hours: Monday - Friday 10 am - 1 pm