'Visa on Demand' provides general information about visa requirements, being verified by respective consulates, for Hong Kong residents travelling to a number of countries or regions.
China Customs Tariffs and Restrictions Information
ETCN is an integrated China customs tariffs and restrictions information platform supported by the General Administration of Customs. Traders can easily find the HS code of any commodity, identify China's latest tariff information and import costs as well as import restrictions.
CreditOnDemand, an online credit information service, allows users to access critical information on the credit worthiness of companies operating in Hong Kong and people living in the territory.
Import and Export Declaration
Federation of Hong Kong Industries provides paper-to-electronic conversion service on trade declaration. In addition, the Federation issues different kinds of certificate of origin. The certificates are protected by Chapter 324 of the laws of Hong Kong and recognised by customs houses, consulates and banks worldwide.
Global e-Trading Services Limited (Ge-TS) provides services which enable traders to lodge all six types of import and export declaration electronically. Ge-TS also provides paper-to-electronic conversion service to covert paper trade declaration into electronic messages for submission to the Government.
The Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce provides paper-to-electronic conversion service on import and export declaration and certificates of origin submission. The Chamber also issues ATA Carnet, an international customs document that permits temporary import of goods without paying import taxes and duties. Applicants have to provide proof of guarantee as security and undertake to re-export the goods intact within such period as stipulated by any customs.
Trade Mark and Q-Mark
Transport and Logistics
The Digital Trade and Transportation Network (DTTN) provides an electronic logistics platform that allows any company to interconnect and exchange electronic documents quickly with its trade, logistics and finance partners using one single, low cost digital link.
Shipping Gazette provides an integrated search platform for shipping schedule, air freight schedule, tariff and logistic services. Sea cargo and air cargo tracking and daily shipping news are also available.
Trade-related Government Online Services
- Apply for Environmental Permits and Licences
- Apply for Hong Kong Post e-Cert
- Apply for Port-related Permits and Certificates
- Apply for Telecom Certificates, Licenses and Permits
- Business Licence Information Service
- Online Services about SME Funding Schemes
- Post vacancies with Labour Department
- Register ".hk" Domain Names
- Search Directory of Hong Kong Trade and Industrial Organisations
- Search for Consular Posts & Officially Recognised Representatives
- Search for e-Services from the Trade and Industry Department
- Search for Import and Export Licensing Requirements
- Search for Mainland Science & Technology Institutions
- Search for Tariff Information