29 Oct 2005
Good Turnout at Asia's largest Lighting Fair
Featuring a wide range of lighting products from 1,035 exhibitors, the fair was held from October 26-29 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Buyer attendance of the three-day event is as follows:
- Total attendance: 23,738, up 8.2%
- Hong Kong buyers: 9,797, up 3.2%
- Buyers from places outside Hong Kong: 13,941, up 12%
- Top 10 visiting countries/ regions (excluding Hong Kong): China, USA, Taiwan,
Japan, UK, Australia, Germany, Canada , Korea and Singapore .
- Major exports regions registered growth: Asia (+14.8%), Europe (+12.2%), North America (+3.6%), Australia and Pacific Island (1.8%)
Buyers from the Chinese mainland has increased by 15.9%, indicating the rising demand for lighting products stimulated by the fast-growing construction industry in the country.
In the first nine months, Hong Kong exported HK$919 million worth of lighting products to the Chinese mainland, an increase of 36% over the same period last year.
The fair is organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council. The next fair is scheduled for Oct 27 - 30, 2006 at the same venue.
For press enquiries, please contact TDC's Corporate Communication Department at 2584 4333.