27 Oct 2006
Asia's largest lighting fair opens today
Exhibitors of lighting and hardware shows grow 13%
|The buyer registration counter is crowded with visitors from all around the world.|
|Different lighting products are displayed at the Hong Kong International Lighting Fair.|
The Hong Kong International Lighting Fair and the Hong Kong International Hardware & Home Improvement Fair open today (October 27) at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC).
Organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (TDC), the two fairs attract over 1,300 exhibitors, which is 13% higher than last year.
Exhibitors and buyers are optimistic of the Chinese mainland market, which is showing strong growth in the lighting and hardware sectors.
In the first eight months this year, Hong Kong exported a total of HK$7,326 million worth of lighting products and HK$60,805 million worth of building materials (including hardware) to the world. Exports of lighting and hardware products to the Chinese mainland recorded a 35% and 13% growth respectively.
TDC has organised 76 buying missions and invited more than 3,000 VIP sourcing agents to visit the two fairs, including representatives from IKEA (Sweden), Home Depot (US), B&Q (UK), Ace Hardware (US), Real R chain stores (Russia) and Mitre 10 Mega (New Zealand).
Entering into the 8th year, the lighting fair has become the largest of its kind in Asia and the second largest in the world.
In order to cope with increasing demand from exhibitors, the fair this year is expanded into HKCEC's Expo Drive Hall and the Convention Hall for the first time.
The lighting fair features more than 1,200 companies from 27 countries and regions. Renowned players in the industry, such as Neo-Neon Int'l Ltd., Neonlite Electronic & Lighting (HK) Ltd (Megaman), Goodway Electrical Enterprise Ltd., Philips Electronics HK Ltd. are showcasing their products at the fair.
Four new sections are introduced at the lighting fair for the first time:
- Green Lighting Zone: showing energy-saving lighting products;
- Holiday Favour Zone: featuring festive lightings including Christmas
- Parts & Accessories Pavilion: displaying accessories, fixtures
- World of Table Lamps: featuring table and desk lamps.
Surpassing its past success, the Outdoor Lighting Section, which has increased by 28% to include over 60 exhibitors, presents street lamps, garden lighting and other outdoor illuminations.
Seminars on latest industry information are being held at the fair:
- Representatives from Philips Lighting Asia Pacific to deliver a seminar
on LED technology and application;
- Intertek Hong Kong to present on energy efficiency for lighting products;
- Swarovski Hong Kong Limited to introduce the trend of using crystals in
modern and contemporary lighting designs, lighting objects as well as interior
- Lambda Research to discuss effective lighting design through simulation
- Megaman (HK) Electrical & Lighting to talk on lighting designs with compact fluorescent technology
Running alongside, the Hong Kong International Hardware & Home Improvement Fair is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. Gathering over 130 exhibitors from nine countries and regions, the fair presents various hardware products ranging from the smallest components to the most sophisticated items.
Three themed zones are introduced at the fair:
- Décor Zone: showing high quality interior design decoration products;
- Outdoor & Gardening World: displaying gardening items and outdoor
- Sanitary World: featuring bathroom fittings and sanitary ware.
The two fairs are being held from today to October 30 (Monday).
Three other relevant fairs, the Eco Expo Asia - International Trade Fair on Environmental Protection, the Hong Kong International Furniture Fair and the Hong Kong International Building Materials & Construction Equipment Fair, also open today at the AsiaWorld-Expo near the Hong Kong International Airport.
For press enquiries, please contact TDC Corporate Communication Department at 2584 4510 / 2584 4537 / 2584 4049.