28 Aug 2019
Shenzhen Singled Out as Model City for China’s Urban Development
China’s State Council has endorsed plans to establish Shenzhen as a model for the country’s wider urban development and, ultimately, one of the foremost cities in the world in terms of economic resource and sustained, high-quality development.
Pitching the city as one of the prime movers in the ongoing Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area project, the State Council identified five priorities for its future development:
- Establishing a national model for high-quality development
- Delivering exemplary law-based governance
- Proving a model of optimum urban living
- Prioritising the prosperity and wellbeing of residents
- Pioneering sustainable development in an urban environment
In addition, the city has also been earmarked as the setting for a new national science centre, as well as being ascribed a key role in developing an international technology and innovation centre that will serve the wider Greater Bay Area.
Source: State Council of China